- Information We Collect. We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with the Shed Platform, and from third parties. This information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, location, IP address and credit card or other payment account information.
- How We Use and Share Information. We may use and share any of the information We collect for the following purposes:
- Security. We may implement various security measures to help protect your information and reduce the risk of loss, misuse or alteration of information under Our control. Unfortunately, however, no data security measure can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your information, We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to or from the Shed Platform, and you do so at your own risk.
- Retention. We retain the information you provide to Us until you ask to be removed from Our database. When you request to be removed from Our database, you will no longer receive e-mails from Us, but the information that you have provided to Us will remain in Our database and you may still receive other of Our mailings at your physical address. If you would like to be removed from both Our database and Our physical address mailing list, please see Section 7 below. Please note that when information is removed from Our databases it may continue to exist in backup archives maintained by Us.
- Updating Your Information and Opting Out. If you no longer wish to subscribe to Our online mailings or would like to change your e-mail preferences, you may do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from Us. You may also remove your name from Our database, and e-mail and physical address mailing lists, or remove your name from postal mailing lists shared with Our partners and other arts organizations, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Personal Information.” Please be advised that sometimes these requests may take time to process. Unsubscribing from Our online mailings may take 2 – 4 weeks to be effective.
- Business Transfers. As We continue to develop and grow, We may sell or liquidate certain of Our assets or combine Our operations with those of another entity. In such transactions, information such as that which we collect through the Shed Platform generally is one of the transferred business assets. By engaging with Us through the Shed Platform, you agree that We may transfer your information to such entities in these circumstances.
• To deliver you the content, services or materials you have specifically requested. This might include providing you with newsletters, e-mail updates, or responding to your inquiries. Where permitted by law, we may also use the information to send you e-mails or other communications concerning The Shed and Our initiatives.
• Email addresses. We may share your email address with Our partners with your consent. We never share with third parties any email address you provide when you use the Shed Platform, make a donation, purchase a membership, or purchase tickets to any event online, through the mail, in person, or on the telephone except as required by law.
• Postal addresses. The Shed will occasionally share postal mailing addresses with other arts organizations for one-time-only usage to promote related cultural events and discounts; however, We always delete all names prior to transfer. If you do not wish to have your address shared, please follow the instructions provided below in Section 7, “Updating Your Information and Opting Out.”
• Business partners. We also share information that We collect, including your contact information, with Our business partners with your consent. We may share this information for business, marketing, and other purposes.
• To create and manage an account for you on the Shed Platform to provide service to you for current and future business transactions. We create an account when you opt-in to receiving emails or other communications concerning the Shed and Our initiatives. You can also create an account by registering through the Website. To access your account information, manage your account options and preferences, update your account information, and make other choices, please log in to your account through the Website. To submit a request to delete your account, along with the information associated with the account, please follow the instructions provided below in Section 7, “Updating Your Information and Opting Out.”
• In connection with Our internal business purposes or for any other purpose We deem necessary or desirable to enhance your experience on the Shed Platform. This may include disclosure to service providers and vendors that We engage to perform specific functions on Our behalf.
• To comply with any applicable law, regulation, court order, legal process, investigation or valid state or federal administrative or governmental, judicial, or regulatory or emergency request (“legal process”). The sharing of your information may happen with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process.
• To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of Our policies, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Shed Platform and applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
This Policy was last updated: 5/17/2022